Mika Marttila, CEO from Osuuskauppa Keula, elected chairman of Rauma Chamber of Commerce
Forthcoming chairman Mika Marttila (in the picture situated on the left) and vice chairman Sakke Suominen of Rauma Chamber of Commerce in the summer evening in August 2019.
Key representatives of the board of directors for they year 2020, were elected during Rauma Chamber of Commerce autumn meeting (Rauman kauppakamarin syyskokous) on Monday 2.12. Mika Marttila, CEO of Osuuskauppa Keula, was elected as the chairman of the board of directors. Concurrently, the CEO of Rauma Marine Constructions Oy, was praised for the work performed by the Chamber of Commerce and the regional industry. The autumn meeting also outlined the operation plan of the Chamber of Commerce for the upcoming year of 2020, improvements on accessibility to VT8 and the development of business to business cooperation.
“I would like to thank all members of Rauma Chamber of Commerce for their trust. I gladly take the chair´s duties and look forward to work with the members of the Chamber of Commerce, as well as with the Chamber´s staff. For my part, I would like to thank Jyrki Heinimmaa for the three years he has successfully served as Chairman of Rauma Chamber of Commerce”, says Mika Marttila enthusiastically.
The operations of the Rauma Chamber of Commerce will be aligned with the four key vision objectives for the coming years, defined through the business scenario and strategy work. The board of Chamber of Commerce, the delegation and the members of the Rauma Youth Chamber (Rauman nuorkauppakamari), were involved in the work. The effort was also led by Mia Nikula, member of the Rauma Youth Chamber of Commerce, development manager at TVO Oyj.
The vision is also closely linked to the 2020 top projects of the Chamber of Commerce, VT 8 influencer Delegation Activities and Rinki – Collaboration Group (Rinki-yhteistyöryhmä) activities for the development of cooperation between companies and educational institutions.
“The vision of the Rauma Chamber of Commerce for the years 2020-2025 requires cooperation through the business field. I am particularly interested in safeguarding the vitality of the region in the future through cooperation between business and educational institutions and the development of transport infrastructure, where the development of highway 8 deserves particular attention. I hope members will have a lively debate on these and other themes that develop the conditions for entrepreneurship. ", Marttila sums up.
Key vision goals for the Rauma region for the coming five years
An agile, growing and investing business that attracts talent
- Leading the best management and corporate culture, goal-oriented management
- Growing together: flexible use of local, national and international networks in different areas of business
- Appropriate and productive use of technologies
Strong and innovative education system
- Flexibility training in leading industries to better serve industry
- Product development, research and innovation in the development of new innovations and productivity in cooperation with companies
- Seamless cooperation between educational institutions, businesses and public actors from early childhood education to university level (regional, national and international)
Stronger transport and logistics concentration in Rauma region
- Accessibility: Port, roads, tracks, telecommunication links
- Profiling into a centre of expertise
Viable, attractive municipalities
- Modern municipality management in Finland, from inter-municipal competition to cooperation
- High-quality, relevant municipal services and leisure activities, this including international residents
- Make rural areas close to water a key strength
Board of Directors of Rauma Chamber of Commerce 2020
Mika Marttila, Osuuskauppa Keula
Sakke Suominen, Eura Print Oy, 1. varapuheenjohtaja
Ari-Pekka Vanamo, Metsä Fibre, Rauman sellutehdas, 2. varapuheenjohtaja
Other Board members
Pekka Auramaa, Auramaa Yhtiöt Oy
Timo Frimodig, Länsi-Suomen Osuuspankki
Kari Koski, Rauman kaupunki
Juuso Luodesmeri, Eurajoen Romu Oy
Sirkku Suominen, Suomen Terveystalo Oy Rauma
Janne Mokka, Posiva Oy
Sari Reiman, TEXpro Oy
Petri Pakarinen, K-Rauta Rauma
Olli Rantanen, Kongsberg Maritime Finland Oy
Sakari Toivonen, Oras Oy